VTENEXT and IoT: the CRM + BPM as an interface between the organization and the machine
The world of IoT, the Internet of things, where the web is communicating and integrating with objects, places and machines, has developed strongly in recent years and has radically changed the way people work, spend their free time, travel and do their daily activities.
The technological revolution is, however, just at the beginning: according to a lot of estimates, from here to 2020, the impact of IoT in our lives will play a major role, enabling the full digitalization and networking of our lives.
One of the sectors most involved in this revolution is the industrial world, where Industry 4.0 is leading to scenarios and ways of working completely new.
The introduction of IoT solutions in the company opens new perspectives for production and industrial activities, but necessarily involves an important reorganization of the business and the IT systems used.
In other words, to translate into business opportunities the enormous amount of data that Internet of Things equipment makes available to production companies and to ensure that there is a constant “dialogue” between the organization and the machines, it is necessary to digitalize the processes involved.
This situation, coupled with the emerging needs on the field, prompted us to develop integration projects between our CRM + BPM VTENEXT and Industry 4.0.
With the VTENEXT’s BPM engine, you can design and map business processes and run them automatically, assigning tasks to the involved parties by setting conditions, execution timing, and any responses or automatic procedures.
These advanced features of VTENEXT have allowed us to start an integration between our CRM BPM application and the world of IoT, which becomes an interface between the machines and the corporate organization.
The integration between VTENEXT and Industry 4.0 enables the machines to activate service, approval and maintenance, or to communicate directly with customers. In particular:
- The objects become “recognizable” and “intelligent” and are able to monitor real events occurring in the delivery of the functions to which they are responsible
- Events are collected and can trigger alerts to external systems
- The Business Process Manager is able to intercept such events, through a specific module, and convey them into the CRM management stream
- Collected events and alerts received by IoT can be made available in consultation to customers or resellers through the access to the Customer Portal or through a dedicated profile in the CRM
- The system is able to handle and analyze the information that is collected and which previously needed human intervention for their collection. For example information about hours of use, temperature, etc. which are collected and reorganized by the CRM and made available on the machine sheet.
- The most advanced IoT objects can be trained in order to query the information in the CRM. For example, following the alert received by a machine upstream of the production cycle, it is possible to pause machines running downstream without having to connect them but simply centralizing the interaction with VTENEXT.
The benefits of such implementations can be found at all levels of the structure: from increased business efficiency and saving resourced to the drastic reduction of human errors to improving customer communication and customer satisfaction.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The VTECRM staff